My Mother in Law used to make this whenever she make Appam. But when I came to US, I came to know that this is a usual dish in Sri Lankan restaurants. I can’t call this a recipe, but only a recipe idea…
- Appam batter…………………1 big or two small ladle (for recipe click here)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a Palappachatti (special pan to make laced Rice Pancake) on medium low heat and pour the batter.
- Swirl the pan to make the signature lace; cover and let it cook till the Appam is almost done.
- Crack an Egg on top of the Appam, taking care not to break the Yolk.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on top of the Egg; cover the pan and let the egg cook through. The Whites should be cooked thoroughly but the Yolks should be runny.
- Serve hot with or without a side dish.
- Don’t use more heat than mentioned in the recipe or it will make the lace brown fast.
- I like the Egg Yolk runny, but you can cook it to the extend you want.
Make it, enjoy the deliciousness and
serve it to your family with love…