Food World (The former Spencer) was one of my favorite stores to shop for food items back in Kerala. There we used to buy this delicious date rolls which I just adore. I still remember me eating these rolls in the car without even having the patience to wait till we reach home!!! Here is the result of my effort to recreate that taste…
- Dates ....2 cup (chopped into small pieces)
- Butter.....3 Tablespoons
- Sugar.......3 Tablespoons
- Arrowroot Biscuits ....4 No’s (quartered)
Method of Preparation
- Chop the dates into really small pieces. If you have a food processor, use it to chop the dates finely.
- Melt butter in a pan and add the sugar.
- Add the dates to this and cook on a medium flame till it is soft and sort of melted.
- When you see everything coming together into one whole mass, switch off the flame and remove the Date mixture to another bowl so that it will start to cool fast.
- After 5 minutes add quartered arrowroot biscuits and mix gently so that the biscuits are not crushed at the same time spreads evenly in the Dates mixture.
- Dump the mixture to a parchment paper placed on a flat surface and shape into a log with your hands. Don’t press it very hard. Wrap it in the same parchment paper.
- Refrigerate this for at least 4 hours. If you are in a hurry then freeze it for half an hour.
- Take it out of the fridge, discard the parchment paper and cut the Date log into small rounds with approximately 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Serve it at room temperature.