- Egg white………………3 large
- Powdered sugar…….7 Tablespoons
- Cream of Tartar………1/4 Teaspoon (available in most of the grocery stores)
- Vanilla essence………1/2 Teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 200˚F/95˚C
- With the help of a hand or a stand mixture whip all the ingredients together in a large bowl to a standing consistency. This means if we turn the bowl upside down the egg whites should not fall down.
- Place teaspoonfuls of this mixture onto a sheet pan one inch apart. If you wish you can fill a piping bag attached with a big round tip and pipe tastefully on a sheet pan. Please note the consistency of the egg white in the above picture ,where it is ready to go into the oven.
- Bake for around 1 3/4 to 2 hours till the macaroons are dry and crispy. It may be a bit soft in the oven but once out of the oven it will become crisp. Do a trial with one macaroon before taking the whole batch out.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container up to a week.
Don’t make this on a humid day as the egg whites won’t dry out or become crispy. It will simply become chewy and sticky.
This is very temperature sensitive so don’t raise the temperature beyond 200˚F. Low and slow baking is essential.
Don't forget to make a huge batch as it will be consumed very fast...
Make it, enjoy the deliciousness and
serve it to your family with love….