I am an absolute fan of the Chocolate – Hazelnut spread…Nutella, which had been one of my favorite ‘pregnancy treats’... believe it or not, as if they are keeping their Mother’s legacy both of my kids are crazy about this stuff…they even fight on who is cleaning the almost finished jar!!! Well I have to say that my kids are usually a bit picky on Desserts and as they love Nutella, I made this specially for them….
- Wonton Wrappers……..As per needed
- Nutella……………………..As per needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Take a Wonton wrapper and place ¼ teaspoon of Nutella in the middle.
- Wet the edges of the wrappers with some water, fold one side over the Nutella to cover it.
- Stick the ends nicely by pressing, taking care to remove any air bubbles that may be trapped inside.
- Repeat this with the rest of the wrappers.
- Heat at least 2 inches of Oil in a frying pan on high heat and deep fry the prepared Wontons till golden brown in color.
- Drain the excess Oil on a paper towel and serve it the way you want (options stated in the introduction).
- Don’t over stuff the Wontons with more Nutella as it will become overly sweet.
- Pressing the air bubbles out and sealing the edges properly are very important; failure to do these will result in spilling of Nutella into the Oil.
- Working with Wontons is tricky, as it dries out pretty fast. So take only one by one out of its cover or make sure to cover the extra ones with a damp cloth if it is out of its cover.
- Wonton wrappers are available in the frozen section of most of the grocery stores and in the stores that sells Asian groceries.
Make it, enjoy the deliciousness and
serve it to your family with love...