Creating a blog was out of the question for a long time for me, as measuring everything in the kitchen was like biting into an eggshell. I enjoy cooking and don’t want to waste even a slightest bit of enjoyment in that small world of mine. But little did I know that everything will change, when my husband came home with the Oscar nominated film ‘Julie and Julia’( a real life story) where Julie Powell (part played by Amy Adams) challenged herself to make all the 524 recipes from Julia Child's cook book ‘Mastering the Art of French Cooking’ and blogging all her experiences (The Julie/Julia Project). It was an inspiring movie. A few days later when we were discussing this casually with a friend of ours over tea…everything changed dramatically…..” How about you making at least half of it in one year? Not French but your own. 262 recipes that will inspire others and present it as a blog?” For a minute my mind traveled faster than light… With an experience as a helper in my mother in laws kitchen for 6 years followed by a three year everyday struggle to satisfy the palate of my foodie husband, if I cannot do it then why should I cook? But on the other side with an experience in English literature extending no more than expanding outline stories in English grammar class when I was 18 and two small kids that come in handy at times, will a commitment for the next one year work? Anyway my ‘cook's ego’ didn’t allow me to say no...

So my friends …here I am opening my recipe book, trying to perfect and present 262 recipes in the coming 365 days….A Challenge that will of course tastes good. Come.. Have a walk with me along my journey.. Cheering and inspiring….Forgiving and tolerating…Testing and tasting….for ‘A Tasty Challenge’

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Awards and a Thank you note....

Along my journey with the Tasty Challenge, I received a bunch of Awards which I was not able to address before... So I am taking time to thank the wonderful bloggers who thought that I deserve it and passed it on to me.

Thanks to Sojo of My Culinary Experiments and Sonali Pradhan of Only Fish Recipes








    7 Facts about me
    It is only 4 years since I started cooking on my own.
    I love to taste the regional foods while traveling.
    If I like something that I eat, chances are there I’ll try to recreate it.
    My dream vacation is staying in a hotel eating, watching TV and sleeping!!!
    I am a person with serious starting trouble. If I start something I’ll do it with utmost dedication but to get me start is something daunting!!!
    I am kind of a ‘Science person’ trying to figure out the scientific aspects behind things.
    I love talking to everyone… (A lot actually) but make friends only very slowly…

    I would love to share this award with these friends

    Jess of Pachakarani
    Reshmi Mahesh of Easy Cook
    Sushma Mallya of Authentic Food Delights
    Aparna Kanakarajan of Ladies Special Adukkala
    Sneha Benny of Art of Cooking
    Vimitha Anand of My Culinary Trail Room
    Mehjabeen Arif of Jabeen's Corner


    Now this is what you have to do...
    1.  Accept the award and post it in your blog with the name of the person who has given you the award with his or her blog link.
    2. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and let them know about the award by leaving a comment in their blog.
    3. Mention 7 facts about you.
    Thanks....

      10 comments:

      Reshmi Mahesh said...

      Congrats on your awards dear and thanks for sharing it with me....

      Vimitha Durai said...

      Congrats on ur awards dear and thanks for sharing it...

      Jayanthy Kumaran said...

      Congrats dear..keep rocking..!
      So sweet of you remembering me..:)

      Tasty Appetite
      Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

      Priya Suresh said...

      COngrats Asha on ur awards, thanks for sharing with me,am honoured and happy dear..

      Mehjabeen Arif said...

      Congrats on ur Awards Dear.. And Thank you so much for sharing them with me..

      Kurinji said...

      Congrats on your awards!
      Kurinjikathambam

      Kitchen Boffin said...

      Mabrook on all your awards... shukran for sharing it with me......

      My Kitchen Antics said...

      thank you so much for the awards asha..ure a sweet heart :)

      tinyskillet said...

      Congrats on your awards, and it is nice to meet you. You actually sound a lot like me :D I am excited to spend a little more time here and see more of your recipes!

      Sushma Mallya said...

      Congratulations on ur awards:)

      Post a Comment