Creating a blog was out of the question for a long time for me, as measuring everything in the kitchen was like biting into an eggshell. I enjoy cooking and don’t want to waste even a slightest bit of enjoyment in that small world of mine. But little did I know that everything will change, when my husband came home with the Oscar nominated film ‘Julie and Julia’( a real life story) where Julie Powell (part played by Amy Adams) challenged herself to make all the 524 recipes from Julia Child's cook book ‘Mastering the Art of French Cooking’ and blogging all her experiences (The Julie/Julia Project). It was an inspiring movie. A few days later when we were discussing this casually with a friend of ours over tea…everything changed dramatically…..” How about you making at least half of it in one year? Not French but your own. 262 recipes that will inspire others and present it as a blog?” For a minute my mind traveled faster than light… With an experience as a helper in my mother in laws kitchen for 6 years followed by a three year everyday struggle to satisfy the palate of my foodie husband, if I cannot do it then why should I cook? But on the other side with an experience in English literature extending no more than expanding outline stories in English grammar class when I was 18 and two small kids that come in handy at times, will a commitment for the next one year work? Anyway my ‘cook's ego’ didn’t allow me to say no...

So my friends …here I am opening my recipe book, trying to perfect and present 262 recipes in the coming 365 days….A Challenge that will of course tastes good. Come.. Have a walk with me along my journey.. Cheering and inspiring….Forgiving and tolerating…Testing and tasting….for ‘A Tasty Challenge’

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe No: 47
I got this recipe from a Brown Sugar cover and decided to give it a try. I was a bit skeptical at first since it contains only less amount of butter when compared to most of the other recipes. But when the cookies turned out to be delicious, I felt that this is a keeper and never tried to change since.
Ingredients                                         Makes 20-25 cookies
  • Flour…………………..……...........2 ¼ cup
  • Baking soda…………………........3/4 Teaspoon
  • Salt…………………………............1/2 Teaspoon
  • Butter………………………...........1/2 cup
  • Brown Sugar………………..........3/4 Cup
  • Granulated Sugar…………….....3/4 Cup
  • Vanilla extract……………..........1 Teaspoon
  • Eggs………………………..............2 large
  • Semisweet Chocolate Chips….3/4 Cup
Method of Preparation
  1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F/190˚C.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread a thin layer of butter on it. (You can use a cooking spray instead.)
  3. Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Soda and keep aside.
  4. Melt the butter and cool it slightly. Combine it with Brown sugar, White sugar, Eggs and Vanilla. Beat this till light and fluffy.
  5. Add the flour mixture and mix gently till everything is just combined. Don’t over mix after adding the flour.
  6. Add the Chocolate chips and mix.
  7. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough and place them on the parchment paper 2 inches apart.
  8. Wet your fingers and flatten the top of the scoops.
  9. Place it in the middle of the preheated oven and bake till golden on the edges for about 12 to 16 minutes.
  10. Once out of the oven, let the cookie rest on the cookie sheet itself for a minute and then transfer to a cooling rack.
  11. I love to eat them warm. But if you are storing it, store it in an airtight container after cooling thoroughly.
Notes: The time of the baking depends on the consistency you want. Around 10-12 minutes the cookie will be soft and chewy. Around 14-16 minutes it will be crunchy. In both cases it should be soft in the middle when you take it out of the oven. It will harden when it cools.
Instead of Chocolate chips you can use broken Chocolate pieces too.
You can store this cookie for at least a week at room temperature and if you like a warm cookie, just heat it in a microwave for a few seconds.
 



Make it, enjoy the deliciousness and 
serve it to your family with love...

1 comments:

Raga said...

I never taught I can make cookies...I was under the assumption this was some thing for Professionals..When I made this I felt very good....Thanks Asha...Keep posting more receipes and make cooking easy for us.
Very very easy receipe and very delicious....(Resembled the one we bought in store).
I added Almonds, Pecans pieces to Choclate chips..Its very good.

Post a Comment