- Bread………………………………9 slices
- Hard boiled eggs…………….3
- Mayonnaise…………………..1/3 cup
- Chopped Spring onion……3 Tablespoons
- Chopped Onion………………2 Tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grate the Eggs and mix together with Mayonnaise, chopped Onion, Spring Onions, Salt and Pepper. Taste the filling and adjust the salt and Pepper level. If you have a food processor then put all the ingredients for the filling in it and pulse a few times.
- Cut the crust off from all four sides of the bread. If your bread is not very fresh then microwave it for a few minutes. This will make them soft to roll.
- Place 3 slices of bread side by side with the ends just overlapping. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the bread only in the portion where it overlaps. Then press this portion with your fingertips. The water and the pressing will make the bread stick to each other at the ends.
- Apply 1/3rd of the filling onto the bread and spread it, leaving a small portion at the ends. This will avoid spilling while rolling.
- Roll the bread into a log and wrap tightly with a plastic wrap and keep in the fridge till everything is set. I’ll keep this in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining bread slices.
- After refrigeration, take off the plastic wrap and cut it into circles of at least ½ an inch in thickness. Serve cold as an appetizer or as a teatime snack.
Using an electric knife will make perfect circles of Sandwich. Otherwise you can cut with the help of a serrated knife. If in case, the shape goes off you can always manipulate it with your hands to make it into perfect circles.
This can be made with white or wheat breads or you can alternate the breads in one sandwich itself and get nice patters of white and brown layers.
Make it, enjoy the deliciousness and
serve it to your family with love....